What's New These Days....

What is L.A. to you?

To me, she is great and twisted; showing me horrors that I long after while alluding a life of the walking dead...

I am glad to report, I severed some of the tentacles that had hold of me since I left.
.That took way too long.



3.29.2010

The Best Way to Prepare for The Winter Music Conference

When reviewing my notes, I came across a friend's game plan for travel success heading to WMC:

In preparation for her flight to WMC on Monday morning at 6:30am, a friend, who will remain anonymous, explained to me her game plan for travel success. It must have 'just come to her' because she seemed excited that she indeed had a game plan for travel success. The night before crossing paths, she was working at the John Digweed show and didn't get out of the club until 8:30 am or so. It was 2 o'clock the next day when we spoke; so she was definitely running on fumes. In fact, she was so out of it she refused to drink any quality alcoholic beverages, vying only for the cheapest beer in the joint (which happened to be clad in a camouflage design, adding to the humor of the moment). (Don't worry, after a few hours, we were able to talk some sense in her and convince her that a red bull and vodka would be her best bet.)

This, was her game plan for travel success:
Since she had not yet packed for her 7-day, oh-so-important, oh-so-sheik business trip ('Welcome to Miami!' If you haven't been there, you just don't 'get' what I'm saying.), she planned to get (continue getting) totally wasted, then go home and pack while she was still drunk.
Her rationale for doing such a thing: when she arrives in Miami, it will be a mystery as to what clothes she has with her, and any wardrobe planning (whatever the hell that is!) will be shot to hell! This unknown,  impromptu element will add some excitement to the whole adventure!!! ~

Well, I say good luck with that. Personally, I wouldn't need to add any more excitement to my trip if I was  attending just a few of the parties she is planning to attend. But, this just shows the different levels we are on; she's where I'd love to be.....Anyway, I figure if all else fails, she should just go out to the ocean near South Beach where they allow 'almost nude' sun bathing and you can get away with 'almost anything'. There little demand for longterm wardrobe planning on the sand there.

Hell, when you're only wearing one skimpy piece of clothing, nobody even cares about matching ~