What's New These Days....

What is L.A. to you?

To me, she is great and twisted; showing me horrors that I long after while alluding a life of the walking dead...

I am glad to report, I severed some of the tentacles that had hold of me since I left.
.That took way too long.



3.21.2010

Niko Turns One; Birthday Party was a blast!


[IMG_0214.JPG]
It amazes me that the more time you spend with an infant or newborn, the more they open your doors of perception; even for the oldest of parents. It's especially amazing for my main man Niko, who is doing that for his parents, Mariessa and Felipe.....

 The couple have always possessed a strong sense of self; now, with the addition of the little one and his personality, they are more grounded, more thorough, and more cautious than before. As any good parent does, they constantly look ahead and sacrifice the life they knew before more and more each day. Although I miss the availability they used to enjoy and the good times we shared during the times before Niko, I am proud of them for making the transition into parenthood such a successful one. You see, the first birthday party is as much a celebration for the parents as it is for the child. Congratulations you two; you made it!

As far as the event, the food was great (and plentiful), the crowd was comfortable, and the setting was spectacular; we all had a great time. So, if you would, join me in wishing Niko happy birthday for his first one of this life, on this planet.

Happy Birthday! From Uncle Kev


Posted by Picasa