What's New These Days....

What is L.A. to you?

To me, she is great and twisted; showing me horrors that I long after while alluding a life of the walking dead...

I am glad to report, I severed some of the tentacles that had hold of me since I left.
.That took way too long.



9.10.2010

Google Instant Search, Redefining 'Instant'

The developers at Google are at it again..... They've been quite busy lately introducing upgrades and extensions which improve upon the existing lineup of Google offerings. The search engine, Google's bread and butter, now gets a revamping too. Just days ago, Google Instant search results were released to the public. This serves as the company's real time search engine, redefining what most people consider 'instant'.

THE NEW INSTANT
Previously, the parameters for a Google search query were defined by what you type in the search box before pressing 'enter'. Now, the parameters are defined per letter, as you are typing. The company describes this update to their search engine as, "Search before you type..."; because Google Instant predicts what you are most likely to type and offers search results accordingly. Google describes the experience as, “...faster search, easier search". I guess the old 'instant' is no longer fast enough...

In order to use the new instant search, you must be logged into your Google account.

THE NEW BILLION
Also worth noting, Google claims to have one of the busiest services on the net, having passed the 1 billion users per week mark. I think we all knew they were one of the busiest, but one billion users per week? I don't think most people can comprehend how busy that is. And you thought you were busy just keeping up with several blogs!